Iron Leg Pokemon
1212.5 lbs (Imperial)
550.0 kg (Metric)
Regional Pokedex Numbers
Hoenn - #192
Metagross is a dual-type Steel/Psychic pseudo-legendary Pokémon. It evolves from Metang starting at level 45. It is the final form of Beldum. This particular Pokémon is the strongest Psychic-type. Unlike other Psychic-types Metagross is not vulnerable to Dark-type or Bug-type attacks. However, this machine-like Pokémon is vulnerable to Fire-type and Ground-type attacks, but it knows the move Magnet Rise which gives Metagross temporary levitation, leaving it invulnerable to Ground types but it does not save it from fire attacks. All in all, Metagross is the within the league of the apex Pokémon.
In The AnimeEdit
Major appearancesEditMetagross was first seen in Destiny Deoxys under the ownership of Rebecca.
Anabel's Metagross was seen in Talking a Good Game and Second Time's the Charm.A wild Shiny Metagross appeared in Noodles: Roamin' Off where it attacked Team Rocket. It somehow knew how to Lock-On to its target, despite the species being incapable of knowing this move.
A wild Metagross appeared in Regaining the Home Advantage!, where it battled non-stop with a Magnezone. These two Pokémon normally battled with each other on a regular basis until their "battle arena" (a deep crater) became filled with water. Because their crater was no longer usable, they took their battle to the streets of a nearby town, and continued fighting, causing much collateral damage.
Metagross's anime debut was in Like a Meowth to a Flame as one of Tyson's Pokémon.
A Metagross also appeared in Glory Blaze! belonging to a Psychic.
Another Metagross appeared in Zoroark: Master of Illusions under the ownership of a Pokémon Backer.
|DP051||Metagross||Dawn's Pokedex||Metagross, the Iron Leg Pokémon. With its four brains, it has an intelligence rivaling a supercomputer.|
|DP158||Metagross||Dawn's Pokedex||Metagross, the Iron Leg Pokémon and the evolved form of Metang. Metagross has four legs and uses many powerful moves.|
|By Level Up|
- Metagross is the only non-legendary Pokémon whose first evolutionary stage (Beldum) isn't available before defeating the Champion, in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.
- Metagross's number in the Hoenn Pokédex and the Fiore Browser are the same: 192.
- Metagross has the highest Attack stat of any Steel-type, tied with Excadrill and Escavalier, and the third highest of any Psychic-type Pokémon after the Attack and Normal formes of Deoxys (i.e. highest Attack of all non-legendary Psychic-types).
- Metagross and its evolutionary relatives are the only non-legendary Pokémon with a catch rate of 3.
- Metagross is the heaviest non-legendary Pokémon.
- Metagross is the only genderless pseudo-legendary Pokémon.
- Metagross is also the only pseudo-legendary Pokémon that doesn't share at least one of its types with another pseudo-legendary Pokémon.
- Despite being a genderless species in the main Pokémon games, in Poképark Wii Metagross is referred to as male.
- In Pokémon Ranger, Metagross requires the most loops of all Pokémon to be captured, with 30 loops required.
Metagross is similar to a robot. It also appears to be based on a super computer, given its mechanical structure and sheer intelligence.
Its name may be a combination of metal and cross, referring to the mark on its face. It may also be derived from the words metal and gross, referring to its weight (1212 pounds), or the same German word that means big.